The Section of Neurobiology in the Department of Biological Sciences, located on the University Park Campus of USC, has faculty and students with research interests focusing on molecular, cellular, and systems level analyses of the nervous system. Our faculty maintain cutting-edge research programs that encompass the following areas:
- Behavior, Learning and Memory
- Cell Biology and Physiology of Neuronal Signaling
- Development, Disease and Repair
- Sensory Processing and Sensori-Motor Integration
- Systems Neuroscience: Functional Circuitry
Graduate students in the Section's Graduate Program have multiple opportunities to interact with colleagues in other sections and departments, including Molecular and Computational Biology, Chemistry, Psychology, the inter-departmental Neuroscience Graduate Program, and various departments in the Schools of Engineering and Medicine.